Cait (they/them) has been active in the southern Maine scene since discovering it in 2014. They discovered rope accidentally; after signing up for a kinky social networking site, they saw a rope skillshare group advertised as the next local event scheduled. They went and instantly fell for the art of rope.
They are a 31-year-old, non-binary, autistic nurse living in southern Maine. They're polyamorous, happily married to their husband (Griffin) and committed to their other partners. Finally, they're kinky: they have various kinks, roles, and relationships, but primarily, they practice, teach, demonstrate, and perform Japanese-inspired rope bondage (shibari).
About Their Rope:
They've been active in their local Maine community since September 2014, and have been tying since then, presenting since 2016, performing since 2017, and running Black Knot Rope Group with their rope partner Griffin from 2018-2023, when they started Box Tie Studio.
They were instantly entranced by rope’s seemingly endless versatility and possibilities, and fascinated by its unique effects on the body. Their passions for rope, medicine, and helping people have combined over the years into a love for rope education, especially regarding health, safety, body positivity, and bottoming.
Cait has voluntarily adopted the Kink Education Code of Conduct and is committed to following it. If you believe Cait has violated this code, please let them know or inform another community leader.
- Kandiland, northern ME - closed
- RopeME, Portland, ME - closed
- Black Knot Rope Group, Portland, ME - 2018-2023 - closed
- Various events at Moxie's Garden, central ME - closed
- KinkyCon, southern NH - presented in 2019 and 2022; booked to teach at both 2020 and 2021 conferences, both canceled due to COVID-19.
- Tethered Together, southwestern CT - booked to teach at both 2020 and 2021 conferences (both canceled due to COVID-19).
- Queerope, Berlin, Germany - virtual; 2021, recordings available for purchase; please contact us for more information.
- Shibari Study, Berlin, Germany 2021-present
- Lifestyle Opportunity for Community Kink (L.O.C.K.) in eastern NY, 2021
- Kink Between the Lines online conference, 2021 - virtual
- CONsolation, 2021 - virtual
Relevant Medical Certifications:
Contact Cait at email@example.com.
Cait in the Reverse TK